The Alhambra Pumpkin Run’s mission is to provide a fun, family environment to promote physical fitness and health through a community based event.
The Alhambra Pumpkin Run is one of Alhambra’s biggest annual city wide events. The race brings more than 2,000 to the event and the run moves through the beautiful streets of Alhambra. Get to know your neighbors as they cheer you on during your run. Neighbors make lemonade stands, cheer you on with signs and bring you to the finish line with music, cheers and laughter.
The Alhambra Pumpkin Run is also a HUGE party! Dress up in your best Halloween, Pumpkin or Orange gear! Being so close to Halloween, many of our runners dress up to the run. Feel free to wear anything and all orange, a Halloween costume or a big and fun pumpkin tutu! Make it fun. Make it memorable.
2015 5K RUN PLACEMENT
2016 5K & 10K Run Info
When | Saturday, October 1st 2016
Registration begins | 6:00 am
Runners Group Warm-Up | 7:15 am
10K Run begins | 7:30 am – 5K Run/Walk begins | 8:00 am
1K Kids Run Warm-Up & Run | 9:30 am
Where | Run begins at Alhambra Park
Early Registration: 3/1 – 6/30
General Registration: 7/1 – 8/31
Late Registration: 9/1 – 9/28
On-Site Registration: 10/1
- Runners commemorative t-shirt
- Runners bib & runners timing chip
- Runners finisher video for accurate timing (will be posted on YouTube after the race)
- Runners swag bag filled with goodies and fun!
- Runners finisher list for accurate timing (will be posted on our website after the race with everyone bibs accurate time)
- End of race medal
- Opening Ceremonies
- Costume Contest
- Food Truck
- Local vendors
- Music and race fun!
On Oct. 1, from 4 a.m. to 12 p.m., ALL of the streets within the race zone will be CLOSED TO TRAFFIC.
The following streets will be closed during the race:
• Olive Ave (Pine St. to Woodward Ave.)
• Curtis Ave (Pine St. to Woodward Ave.)
• Marguerita Ave (Pine St. to Woodward Ave.)
• Dos Robles Pl. (Alhambra Rd. to Pine St.)
• Electric Ave. (Larch to Pine St.)
• Bushnell Ave. (Larch to Alhambra Rd.)
• Marengo Ave. (Vine St. to Alhambra Rd.)
• Campbell Ave. (Grand Ave. to Alhambra Rd.)
• Ethel Ave. (Grand Ave. to Alhambra Rd.)
• Raymond Ave. (Vine St. to Alhambra Rd.)
• Palm Ave. (Main St. to Alhambra Rd.)
• Alhambra Rd. (La France Ave. to Atlantic Blvd.)
• Grand Ave. (Raymond Ave. to Marengo Ave.)
• St. Charles Terrace (Curtis Ave. to Atlantic Blvd.)
• Woodward Ave. (Marguerita Ave. to Atlantic Blvd.)
• Larch St. (La France St. to Marguerita Ave.)
• Vine St. (Palm Ave. to Marengo Ave.)
• Cedar St. (Main St. to Marengo Ave.)
• Pine St. (Bushnell Ave. to Atlantic Blvd.)
Overnight parking restrictions will be relaxed from Sep. 30 through Oct. 2, 2016, from Atlantic Blvd. to Fremont Ave., and from Main St. to Huntington Dr.
If you require vehicle access during this time, please arrange to park on an adjacent unaffected street.
If you have questions, please call Public Works at (626) 570-5067, or view the map and information on the City’s website at www.cityofalhambra.org and/or www.facebook/AlhambraPumpkinRun.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
La Ciudad de Alhambra presentará su primer Alhambra Pumpkin Run & Fitness Festival el Sábado, 1 de Octubre de 2016. Nos gustaría invitarlo a participar en la carrera de 5K y 10K para adultos y la carrera de 1K para niños y adolescents. La carrera comenzará a las 9 a.m. en Alhambra Park y atravesará muchos barrios locales.
CIERRES DE CAMINOS:
Muchas calles afectadas estarán cerradas al tránsito el 1 de Octubre desde las 5 a.m. a las 12 p.m. La ruta estará contenida dentro de la siguiente zona:
• Olive Ave (Pine St. a / 至 Woodward Ave.)
• Curtis Ave (Pine St. a / 至Woodward Ave.)
• Marguerita Ave (Pine St. a / 至Woodward Ave.)
• Dos Robles Pl. (Alhambra Rd. a / 至Pine St.)
• Electric Ave. (Larch a / 至Pine St.)
• Bushnell Ave. (Larch a / 至Alhambra Rd.)
• Marengo Ave. (Vine St. a / 至Alhambra Rd.)
• Campbell Ave. (Grand Ave. a / 至Alhambra Rd.)
• Ethel Ave. (Grand Ave. a / 至Alhambra Rd.)
• Raymond Ave. (Vine St. a / 至Alhambra Rd.)
• Palm Ave. (Main St. a / 至Alhambra Rd.)
• Alhambra Rd. (La France Ave. a / 至 Atlantic Blvd.)
• Grand Ave. (Raymond Ave. a / 至Marengo Ave.)
• St. Charles Terrace (Curtis Ave. a / 至Atlantic Blvd.)
• Woodward Ave. (Marguerita Ave. a / 至Atlantic Blvd.)
• Larch St. (La France St. a / 至Marguerita Ave.)
• Vine St. (Palm Ave. a / 至Marengo Ave.)
• Cedar St. (Main St. a / 至Marengo Ave.)
• Pine St. (Bushnell Ave. a / 至Atlantic Blvd.)¬
Se relajarán las restricciones al estacionamiento de la noche a la mañana desde el 2 de Octubre al 5 de Octubre del 2015 desde Atlantic Blvd. a Fremont Ave. Y de Main St. a Huntington Dr. Si requiere acceso vehicular durante estas horas, tenga la bondad de estacionarse en una calle adyacente que no esté afectada.
Si tiene dudas, tenga la bondad de llamar a Obras Públicas (Public Works) al 626-570-5067 o consulte el mapa e información en la página web de la Ciudad en www.cityofalhambra.org y/o
Agradecemos su paciencia y su comprensión.
從2016年90月30日至10月2日，將取消通宵停車限制， 從Atlantic Blvd.至Fremont Ave., 以及從Main St. 至 Huntington Dr. 。若您在此時間段需要用車，請安排將車停在附近未受影響的街區。
若您有任何問題，請致電公共事業部626-570-5067, 或在本市網站www.cityofalhambra.org 和/ 或
111 South First Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
More Runner’s Info
Thank you for registering for the Alhambra Pumpkin Run presented by The Fit Factor Studio and the City of Alhambra. This information sheet contains your final race instructions. There is important information about packet pick up, your timing chip, and rules for the race course. If you registered another person it is your responsibility to share this information with them.
PARKING: Parking for this event is in the surrounding neighborhoods of the race course. Please view the course map and park outside of the route. Use the walk as a pre race warm up exercise.
- Pay attention to all posted signs. Parking is at your own risk and protect any valuables you leave in your car.
- If you live locally, use Uber or Lyft to catch a ride and avoid the parking hassle all together.
- Carpool…less cars = more parking for others
- Be courteous to the residents and avoid loud music and talking in the early arrival hours.
- Do NOT block residential driveways.
- Do NOT park in the local business parking lots. We are not responsible for any parking tickets or towing.
- Do NOT leave any trash behind (even if it is not your’s).
ON SITE REGISTRATION AND PICK UP: On site registration & pick up will close precisely at 7:25AM for 10K in honor of the National Anthem and Color Guard presentation.
THE RACE: THE 10K RACE STARTS AT 7:30 AM AND 5K RACE STARTS AT 8:00 AM. We will start on time, so don’t be late. Runners’ Warm Up starts at 7:45 AM. Anyone arriving late, runs the risk of not having their race timed. See below.
BIB NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS: DO NOT FORGET YOUR BIB!! Your race bib is chipped for timing and must be pinned to the FRONT of your shirt. We cannot replace any bibs forgotten at home and everyone must have a bib to participate in the Pumpkin Run (unless they are 5 years old and under and just along for the ride).
TIMING: This event is chip timed which means your race time begins when you cross the start line and ends when you cross the finish line. For this reason, you do not need to crowd the starting line trying to be the first person to take off. Cutoff for official timed results is 7:45 AM for 10K and 8:15 AM for 5K – no exceptions!
FINISH LINE: Be sure to run across the timing mat at the arch to end your official time.
1K KIDS’ RACE: The 1K run will begin at the conclusion of the Pumpkin Run at 9:30 AM. We would love to see all 5K & 10K finishers line the streets and finish area to cheer the children to the finish line.
AWARDS: Everyone is invited to stay for the awards ceremony after the 1K Kids’ Race at 10:00AM.
Questions? Please email us at: email@example.com
See you at the finish line.
Questions? Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at the finish line.